Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Is Covid-19 opening opportunities?

Covid-19 has been a devastating shock to today's world in many different aspects. However, to thrive in a horrible situation, one must search for the positives in everything. For myself, On October 5th, 2020, I was able to take an in-person tour of the University of Kentucky's College of Dentistry. I have always wanted to work in the dental occupation field, and this tour opened an opportunity to venture into my future. Through this tour, I was able to meet with current students and ask questions about the college and how they cope with the graduate school during a pandemic. The replies from the students were all the same. A young woman told me that there is no time to have an off-campus job due to the increased workload from the college of dentistry. Contradicting these setbacks, many of the students are enjoying their time with lab studies and practice techniques on models. At the end of this tour, the undergraduate students were able to partake in a "surgical" procedure known as cavity drilling. This exercise allowed me to physically get involved in what I have been interested in doing. Even though Covid-19 is currently under wraps, the university was very thoughtful to have allowed this tour to take place and for undergraduate freshmen to get invested in their future careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advancement in Blog

  Hello, this entry will be a short message for future posts. As you have been aware that I have been documenting events on campus for my Gl...