Friday, October 2, 2020

Online Education - Covid Edition

Throughout my 14 years of schooling, my freshman year is the most interesting. Due to adaptations for Covid-19, the majority of classes are completed in an online format via Zoom. Some may think this is a great thing, as students tend to get extra sleep and more study time. However, for the students that are heavily reliant on work studies or off-campus jobs, COVID takes an impact on financial wellbeing. With heavy course loads being online, students are having a difficult time reviewing and submitting assignments due to a lack of available time. Some students may have to physically care for family members affected by Covid-19 or have to pay for their schooling by working a part-time job. An equal opportunity for education should be granted to the individuals that have to embark on these silent journies. Clauses such as pass/fail classes should be enacted to place less stress on these students. This grading system removes the weighted grade of assignments and allows the student to be more knowledgeable and confident in class. Structures that have this curriculum will potentially boost overall performance and give challenged students a better chance to succeed in their future. In itself, the online class format has been showcasing problems further into the school year. Based on my experience, I feel as if I have not learned any monumental information that is highly retainable. With the unrequired attendance in many of my Zoom meetings, I have missed class to finish homework that I procrastinated. The action of submitting assignments on Canvas has become a consistent manner that has now formed as a habit. I feel less interactive than I usually was in high school. College is the second foundation that will help launch me into a competitive career field. However, the assignment work that I have become accustomed to in recent weeks will not get me very far. If this pandemic continues to peak for the years to come, or the time that I will be able to apply for a job in the medical field, the chances of me obtaining a competitive job are slim. Although with the setback of Covid-19, life will eventually return to normalcy. On behalf of all students that are currently devastated by this pandemic, we all hope that in-person classes return soon- because our futures rely on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advancement in Blog

  Hello, this entry will be a short message for future posts. As you have been aware that I have been documenting events on campus for my Gl...