Thursday, September 10, 2020

Little Bit of Life at UK

    Attending the University of Kentucky during a pandemic and getting to write about it is very interesting. What makes this blog so difficult is the task of importing visual documentation. I spend so much time in my room that I want to look at my surroundings. One time as I was walking back from my UK 101 class, I saw a discarded UK mask flattened to the ground. Looking back now, a picture would have been a thousand words. I have also seen couples holding hands with masks on, groups of friends with their masks pulled below their chins, and countless students with no masks chatting long after eating. With heat temperatures being in the 90s, it is very difficult to walk on such a large campus with a cloth mask over your face. It is a big understanding to know how these students want to remove their masks because I am one of them. A couple of weeks ago in the Campus Center, I was in the empty study section. During that time, I was hyperventilating and having heart palpitations so I took my mask off to catch my breath. A few moments later, a worker walked by and asked for me to put my mask on. Life on campus during a pandemic is interesting to say that least. Hopefully, the semester will last until November. 


A "selfie" while walking 
in severe heat (8-16-20)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Advancement in Blog

  Hello, this entry will be a short message for future posts. As you have been aware that I have been documenting events on campus for my Gl...