Friday, September 11, 2020

Covid affects Food

 Food is a necessity. When Covid-19 made its debut in March, the Governor of Kentucky mandated a lockdown for residents. This meant limited trips to the grocery store, no in-person restaurant eating, and minimalistic life. In regards to my family, first eating at home was fine. We had more home-cooked meals and grew more together during the quarantine. My grandmother and father both started a mini "garden" with tomato plants while my mother tried keto. As March turned into April and then May, the lockdown requirements loosened slowly. More grocery trips, dining out, and junk food raged through the summer months. As Covid-19 remained, my family and I grew tired of being indoors. Every weekend through June and July, I would hang out with friends and we would eat out in the dine-in restaurants. Since the beginning, Covid-19 had no effect on my diet but towards the end of summer and college, I have gained an estimated 10 lbs. Not just myself but others around the world are affected by Covid-19 in the food accessibility aspect. Embedded here is a video that shows a small glimpse of life during COVID.  


Tomato plants created during quarantine (2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advancement in Blog

  Hello, this entry will be a short message for future posts. As you have been aware that I have been documenting events on campus for my Gl...