Friday, September 4, 2020

Who do you trust?

     Since the beginning of this pandemic, a lot of speculation is on the rise about what to believe. With several broadcasting networks covering different situations on the infamous Covid-19, it's very difficult to find quality information. As for myself, I tend to stay away from big-name news companies such as CNN or FOX. These networks are too politically biased and have no great hold on the virus. However, my father watches FOX news faithfully. He gets so worked up over the data that FOX presents that he has encountered many arguments, some with myself, others with my mother. If this is happening to one individual, think about all the viewers that commit to watching news through ALL network platforms. Throughout the beginning of quarantine, I have watched WSAZ, a station more locally known in Elliott. The information that the company displays affects my life a little more than something nationwide. As I became more adapted to the University of Kentucky lifestyle, I have shifted my focus to the campus' instructions. From March to the present, this college has been so confident and knowledgeable within providing its students and faculty with the most relevant information. An example of UK's precaution with Covid-19 is the wellness kits that they provided every student. I cannot bring myself to gather information from any unreliable source. With so much terror in the world going on at the moment, I believe that these faulty networks and news media rely on the fact that they instill fear within their users. That notion is more dangerous than the pandemic itself. 

Social distancing paws placed throughout campus


Social distancing sign placed for sidewalks


No comments:

Post a Comment

Advancement in Blog

  Hello, this entry will be a short message for future posts. As you have been aware that I have been documenting events on campus for my Gl...