Friday, August 21, 2020

Introduction

     Hello, my name is Tessa Prater. I am currently an eighteen-year-old Freshman at the University of Kentucky. Coming from a white, middle-class background in Eastern Kentucky, I have seen the effects of Covid-19 on my hometown of Elliott County. Primarily thriving on small local businesses, Elliott (before the pandemic) was thriving as well as its surrounding counties. However, after the March 13th, 2020 mandate placed on the state of Kentucky by Governor Andy Beshear, our success rate had to be halted. Although (and thankfully), my family nor I have experienced this horrible virus, others in our county have. Local businesses, schools, restaurants, and public places had to undergo mandatory lockdown for at least 2 weeks. Those two weeks have now turned into 5 months, with light releasement at a time. At first, it was difficult for my family due to constantly staying home to avoid Covid-19 and always arguing over the smallest things. However, I wouldn't change this coming together that has become second nature. Submitting this blog for a school project, I will be documenting my experience attending the University of Kentucky amidst the SARS-COV-19 pandemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advancement in Blog

  Hello, this entry will be a short message for future posts. As you have been aware that I have been documenting events on campus for my Gl...