Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Lack of Sensitivity of Students?

      We all know that teenagers have a rebellious stage but does it still take place during a pandemic? With the requirement of masks mandated by the University of Kentucky, some students are not taking this protocol seriously. As a freshman that lives on campus, I see it practically every day. Students are walking with their friends while having their masks pulled below their chins. The anti-social distancing between friends, colleagues, and couples are repetitively taking place. Even a discarding of masks has become more prominent in recent weeks. Before this post, I explained that I walked past a face mask that seemed to be flat on the concrete. Thinking in my head, "I will never see a sight like this again.", It saddened me that I wasn't able to document it. However, as I have ventured more on the campus in search of the "blog-worthy" Covid-19 image, my camera roll is flooded with an abundance of discarded masks. Not just to show the apathy from students but also the increase in littering. 




    As previously stated within this blog, social distancing guidelines are downplayed by students. A documented image below reveals that some individuals sit in multitudes while eating lunch. The distribution of the chairs displayed seemingly piled on top of each other. As we enter the later stages of the virus, everyone must still realize the potential threat that we are imposing if the "rules" for Covid-19 are tossed from the window. 

The remains of what looks to be like a lunch gathering, underneath a tent in 
the Woodland area courtyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advancement in Blog

  Hello, this entry will be a short message for future posts. As you have been aware that I have been documenting events on campus for my Gl...